February 2023 Newsletter & Calendar
Greetings Lincoln Park Academy Families!
Thank you to our dedicated parents that attended our Storybook STEM Day last week. Check out the pictures on our Facebook page. Scholars worked extremely hard and really showed off their creativity. Student projects were judged by a team of faculty and winners received a Storybook STEM Day shirt. This event was created to generate excitement for Saturday School. Scholars are encouraged to attend from 9:00am-1:00pm every Saturday to complete STEM projects. We have tripled our numbers! Sign your scholars up!
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled on February 16th. Successful Parent Teacher Conferences are organized and robust with information. When you sit down to discuss your child’s progress, the teacher and possibly the student will have precise talking points of “glows and grows”….all supported by data (this easily fills the 15-20 minutes). Call our office to set your appointment. I hope to see all parents attend.
– From the Desk of Ms. Clugh
Character Word Spotlight: HONESTY
Here at school, we will be very busy learning about HONESTY– what it means and why it is important! Learning happens best when it is done both at school and at home. Below are many ways that you can help your child learn about the theme of HONESTY through reading about it, talking about it, and practicing it!
READ ABOUT IT!
Here are some books to help you learn more about being HONESTY:
–Edward Fudwumper Fibbed Big by Berkeley Breathead
–Sam Tells Stories by Thierry Robberecht
–Liar, Liar Pants on Fire by Diane de Groat
Help your kids learn the difference between a truth and a lie with this simple game. You and your child take turns saying statements and the other person has to decide if it is a truth or a lie. A great game to play in the car or while you are waiting!
TALK ABOUT IT!
Here are some discussion points to help you talk about HONESTY with your child:
- Has anyone ever been dishonest to you before? How did you feel?
- What do you think HONESTY means and why is it important?
- Tell me about a time when it was hard to be HONEST.
- What makes it hard to be HONEST?
- How will others view you if you are HONEST? How will others view you if you are dishonest?
All Basketball games are at NEO Sports Plant: 20001 Euclid Ave, Euclid, OH 44117
- Candy Gram Sales: Feb 1st-13th. Candy Grams delivered on February 14th!
- Feb 13th-24th: Mock Testing K-8
- Feb 16th- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Feb 25th: COMMUNITY BINGO: Join us for some BINGO FUN! Anyone in the community is welcome!
- March 2nd: Have a child who will be ready for Kindergarten next year? Come have some fun and complete their enrollment. Spots go fast!