Greetings Lincoln Park Academy Families!
I hope that everyone enjoyed a safe, healthy and fun Thanksgiving holiday. We have a few weeks until Winter Break but until then…Talk to your scholar about their I-Ready Diagnostic test.
Students will be taking their Winter Diagnostic Monday, December 12th and Tuesday, December 13th. This assessment “shows what your child knows.” All scholars have a beginning of the year score, and the goal is to meet their expected growth before Winter Break. Remind them to take their time, read each question carefully and do their best work. #wolfpackpride
– From the Desk of Ms. Clugh
Character Word Spotlight: Responsibility
Our character trait for the month of December is RESPONSIBILITY– what it means and how we can be RESPONSIBLE students and citizens! Learning happens best when it is done both at school and at home. Below are many ways that you can help your child continue to learn about the theme of RESPONSIBILITY through reading about it, talking about it, and practicing it!
READ ABOUT IT!
Here are some books to help you learn more about RESPONSIBILITY:
-I Just Forgot by Mercer Mayer
-But It’s Not My Fault by Julia Cook
-The Paperboy by Dav Pilkey
-The Pigsty by Mark Teague
Help your child practice RESPONSIBILITY by giving them special jobs! Let your child pick a special chore each week that they can be RESPONSIBLE for. Let them carry the groceries, wipe the counters or feed the pet!
TALK ABOUT IT!
Here are some discussion points to help you talk about RESPONSIBILITY with your child:
- What do you think RESPONSIBILITY means and why is it important?
- Tell me about a time when it was hard to be RESPONSIBLE.
- What is a way you would like to have more RESPONSIBILITY at home?
- What are your RESPONSIBILITIES in the classroom and in our community?
- December 9th: School Picture Day- More info coming.
- December 12th-16th: iReady Testing
- December 12th-16th: Spirit Week
- December 15th: Holiday’s Around the World
- December 19th-January 3rd: Winter Break
- January 4th: Students return from Winter Break
- January 6th: 2nd grade Aquarium Field Trip- teachers will send home more information.